Senior Final

Hey there its Simply, Ann and I have return from the grave to give you this last senior post.

Music Video- 

For our music video we did K by cigarettes after sex. This would have to be my favorite video that I've done so far. During preproduction we faced a lot of problems choosing a song. Once we did the storyline develop soon after. The original story followed a nostalgic guy reminiscing his relationship with the girl who is mention in the song, Kristen. Unfortunately we were unable to find a guy that would stick as our actor. We quickly improvised and just made one of our group members the guy. As far as the rest of the video, we changed the storyline so the lens became the guy's eyes and his perspective of her.  We also had a big challenge with scheduling , there was only on day that we all were free. We used that day and we all had a great experience. We shot majority of our scenes downtown for the view, it took all day. Along the way I learned so much about how to improvise when something doesn't go as planned.

Short Film-

For our short film we originally planned to do the story about an older woman eulogizing her husband. The story then continues with old memories of them together when they were young; ending with the husbands younger self siting in the church gazing at his grieving wife after she has finished her eulogy. Like our music video everything did not goes as planned. We actually found a guy actor but his schedule would randomly change. he would agree to film with us, but they cancel when the time came. We then decided to change the storyline to sisters, but yet again everyone schedule was conflicting. Instead of the short film because of all of our challenges our teacher instructed us to do a day in our life. This task was a lot easier for me because the cast was limited to only myself. Deciding not to let the clips go to waste I made a edit of our filming experience and bloopers. If I could change anything I wouldn't because in the end we had a good learning and team experience.

PSA- 

For this project we had to make a 30 to 40 second video that brought awareness to something. I came up with the idea of Human trafficking because it is a big issue currently going on internationally. My group liked the idea and we ran with it. Shooting went very well, I got to use my makeup skills to make our actors look beaten and abused. The overall process didn't take very long , we also didn't face any struggles. When we presented our video to the class we had mainly positive feedback. The only negative feedback we got was that our video ended too abruptly. That would be the only thing I would change in our video as well.  In summary, I really like this video because my entire group was involved. We all crowded around the computer and gave serious feedback to our editor. 

..


How did you use your time? -

To be honest I didn't use my time as well as I could've. I often find myself losing interest, but this probably due to my short attention span. I'm the type of person who doesn't read the directions and tries to figure things out on my own. Because of this, I really do apologize for my lack of focus. 

Areas of strength and improvement- 

I would say my area of strength in film is art direction. I like to make sure my work has authenticity and captures something real. Most importantly, I have a skill in makeup so I try to use that to my advantage. My area of improvement is my drive. Every year I lose the drive to do my best work. I continuously do just enough, and enough is way below my potential. I hope to gain my drive again. 

Production role- 

My production role was M.U.A. I didn't really get to be involved in the movie as much as I hope because of my work schedule. My schedule was always conflicting with the movie dates. I did have fun on the day I was able to. I couldn't really do this role in class, so I spent my free time doing other things. 

Summary-
Overall the only thing I really loved about this year was that I got to create amusing content with my friends. I wouldn't really change anything because I don't want to take away any experiences I can learn from. This class was a great escape from other boring classes.Because of e-Comm I made so many friends fast, and for that I enterally grateful. This year I've learned that although I like the entertainment industry, video production is not my for me. One goal I like to set for outside of high school Is to have positive energy. To look at the glass half full instead of half empty. To understand that I can do anything with God on side and a smile on my face. 

Comments

Popular Posts